Welcome to Northwest Rents!
New Potato Salad to Serve this Weekend
Looking for ideas to freshen up grandma’s old potato salad recipe? Try this Blue cheese and bacon turn traditional American potato salad into an artisan dish.
½ pound red salad potatoes
½ pound white potatoes
¼ cup Litehouse Chunky Blue Cheese dressing
¼ cup mayonnaise
¼ cup sour cream
½ cup celery diced
½ cup precooked bacon bits
½ cup Litehouse Blue Cheese Crumbles
¼ cup chopped green onion
Salt and pepper
1. Thoroughly wash the potatoes and cut off any damaged parts. Cut the potatoes into large chunks and place them into a large pot of cool water.
2. Salt the water and cook the potatoes until they are tender, about 15 minutes. Drain the potatoes and rinse with cool water.
3. While the potatoes are cooking, whisk together the dressing, mayonnaise and sour cream in a large bowl. Add in the celery, bacon bits and onions and stir to combine.
4. Add the potatoes into the sour cream mixture and toss the ingredients until the potatoes are coated with the mixture.
5. Add in the blue cheese crumbles and gently toss to incorporate them into the salad. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Store covered in the refrigerator until ready to use
Weather for Portland
Sunday 10/21 10%
Areas of patchy fog early. Sunshine along with some cloudy intervals. High 69F. Winds light and variable.
Monday 10/22 10%
Some clouds in the morning will give way to mainly sunny skies for the afternoon. High near 70F. Winds light and variable.
Tuesday 10/23 40%
Chance of Rain
Partly cloudy in the morning. Increasing clouds with periods of showers later in the day. High 58F. Winds SSW at 5 to 10 mph. Chance of rain 40%.
Wednesday 10/24 40%
Chance of Rain
Cloudy with occasional showers for the afternoon. High near 60F. Winds light and variable. Chance of rain 40%.
They work so hard to make everyone satisfied.
~ Daniel Barberry Resident