Welcome to Northwest Rents!
Make Your Winter Move Easier With These 3 Supplies
One of the most stressful life events a person can endure is moving all of their stuff from one place to another. Having the right tools for the job will help reduce the pressure and make things easier for everyone involved. Below are 3 essentials for today’s move, complete with Amazon review links.
1. Use Foam Moving Sheets Instead of Newspaper– Newspaper is great and all, but if you’ve ever packed with foam sheets, you’ll never go back. A pack of 75 moving sheets will get you a long way toward protecting your valuable stuff when you move. Simply placing dishware, electronics, or other breakable items in a cardboard box with newspaper isn’t a risk not worth taking.
You can use these sheets to wrap furniture legs and corners, collectibles, picture frames, and glassware. The best part of having these on hand is that they’re reusable, and perfect for storing seasonal stuff, like holiday ornaments.
See the reviews on Amazon yourself before you buy, but these are a must have when moving, or storing fragile property.
2. Get Yourself Some New Boxes & a Big Black Marker– If you don’t have moving boxes, or you’re using old ones, you’re not going to be as efficient as you would be with fresh cardboard. It’s always nice to reuse what you can, but for moving your entire household, you’ll need boxes.
You can find Value packs of new boxes, (like this one offering 30 boxes for $59 that includes an entire roll of tape and a big black marker.) that will include everything you need to assemble and then label them.
It’s always best to plan out what you’ll put into a box before you pack it. Small boxes are best for smaller or heavy items like photo albums, CD’s, books, dishes, glassware. Medium boxes should be reserved for mid-weight items like kitchen appliances, toys, or shoes. Then reserve the bigger boxes for light/bulky items like clothing, cushions, or towels.
3. Use Moving Straps for Heavy Items – If you have anything that’s really heavy to move, these straps are worth their weight in gold. The best price on Amazon with good reviews was the brand “Shoulder Dolly” (Shoulder Dolly for $36.48) Here’s a bulleted list of the benefits:
- Keep arms and hands-free – The Shoulder Dolly recognized the need for your arms to be unconstrained. The need for stabilization, opening doors, and overall balance is all attained with the Shoulder Dolly. Allows for one free hand temporarily when needed.
- Safely lift and move – Ergonomically designed to promote and facilitate proper lifting techniques.
- Reduce back pain – Back pain and strain is avoided by ensuring proper lifting techniques and utilizing the body’s strongest muscles, the legs and torso. Also significantly reduces strain on arms and hands when lifting objects.
- Versatility – Due to the seemingly unlimited adjustability of the strap through the buckle, users can move and lift heavy, bulky furniture easier than ever.
- One size fits all – Differences in the height of movers are overcome due to the adjustability of the webbing through the buckle.
Greenbriar Village5132 SW Slavin RdPortland, OR, 97239
Julie Ann Apartments711 SE 60thPortland, OR, 97215
The Scholls Apartments5125 SW Scholls Ferry RdPortland, OR, 97225
Springbrook Gardens6300 SW 188th Ct.Aloha / Beaverton, OR, 97007
Brookside Apartments4611 SE Brookside DrMilwaukie, Oregon, 97222
Barberry Village224 SE 188thPortland, OR, 97233
Weather for Portland
Friday 07/20 0%
Sunny. High near 75F. Winds NNW at 10 to 15 mph.
Saturday 07/21 10%
Partly cloudy skies. High 79F. Winds NNW at 5 to 10 mph.
Sunday 07/22 0%
Sunny skies. High around 90F. Winds N at 5 to 10 mph.
Monday 07/23 0%
A mainly sunny sky. High 94F. Winds NW at 5 to 10 mph.
I take a lot of pride in living here...
~ Mike B. Resident at Springbrook Garden